Miller Land Management is a woodland management consultancy partnership established in 2006. We have recently moved our centre of operations from North Wales to the South of England but operate throughout England and Wales.
Our main area of expertise is in the production of woodland management plans. We have completed well over 200 woodland management plans, for woodlands ranging in size from under a hectare to over 800 hectares. The properties for which we have prepared plans include large private estates and extensive commercial plantations as well as smaller private woodlands, nature reserves, SSSIs and community woodlands. We have prepared plans for most of the National Trust and North Wales Wildlife Trust woodlands in North Wales, and have worked closely with major forest management companies to develop plans for their clients’ properties in the area. We have brought over 9000 hectares of woodland under appropriate management and secured more than £2.5 million of grant aid for our clients. Our work has also included the preparation of UKWAS-compliant management plans for a number of properties and estates in the south and north-west of England, as well as North Wales.
We offer a broad range of experience and woodland management skills, including:
• Survey work including rapid habitat assessment, PAWS assessment, timber mensuration, boundary surveys, invasive species surveys.
• Full proficiency in digital mapping, utilising GPS and GIS.
• Management of contractors and implementation of a wide range of forest management operations, from planting to harvesting.
• Liaison and negotiation with landowners, Forestry Commission, external agencies such as Natural England, Environment Agency and archaeological Trusts.
• Report writing and development of robust and tightly specified plans of operations to meet owners’ objectives.
• A thorough knowledge of the regulatory framework, conservation legislation, and the requirements of UKFS and UKWAS.